Submissions

All submissions in these formats please: .pdf , Kindle, or print copy. If in print copy, I would appreciate it if the book was autographed by the author. I am not doing books that have a deadline at this time, unless the author wants to use my review to appear on the book itself. Please send all requests to: norachipleybarteau@att.net . If sending through snail mail, email me for my home address. Thank you!

January 26, 2011

Twilight of the Gods
by Denise Verrico

Denise Verrico has continued the saga of Mia and Kurt in Twilight of the Gods. Once again she has taken the meaning of vampire to a whole new realm.  Kurt and Mia in the beginning are living in secret to keep from being found. They still find ways even in the toughest of circumstances to love one another with passion and devotion. However, their world was to come crashing down upon them once again with Kurt being kidnapped by the Wolf and his dogs. Now, Mia has to contact Phillip, an old friend, to assist her into getting the love of her life away from Gaius before he tortures him until dead. Will Kurt be the same Kurt before he was taken by Gaius and his dogs? Will he still love Mia with undying love or has someone else entered his life and now Mia will have to share his affections? What horrors did Gaius inflict on Kurt, that Mia will see when she takes in Kurt's blood vision during lovemaking? And will Mia blame herself for it all? For now the answer to these questions will have to wait.....because right now, they have a war to fight!

The author out did herself keeping the reader in suspense, not knowing what was going to happen to the characters next. I found this book to be a definite page turner, not able to put it down until I was finished with it! I was very pleased that this book picked up where the last one left off at. I did not have to look in the book Cara Mia to refresh my memory. I totally fell in love with the characters in Twilight of the Gods. The author gave them a lot more life and meaning in this second in the series. I found that I couldn't foresee what was going to happen on the next page, or next chapter, or even the end.  I experienced happiness, anger, and sadness with the turn of events, from the beginning to the end. I am very pleased this is not the last in the series.

I would highly recommend this book.

I give it five stars.

Reviewed by
Nora Barteau
http://norachipleybarteau.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment