Submissions

All submissions in these formats please: .pdf , Kindle, or print copy. If in print copy, I would appreciate it if the book was autographed by the author. I am not doing books that have a deadline at this time, unless the author wants to use my review to appear on the book itself. Please send all requests to: norachipleybarteau@att.net . If sending through snail mail, email me for my home address. Thank you!

January 19, 2011

Hunters and Prey
By Katie Salidas

Katie Salidas has done it again with the new released sequel to Immortalis Carpe Noctem, Hunters and Prey.

When I began reading the new book by Katie, Hunters and Prey, I was a little bothered by the similarity between the way Alyssa chose her victims and how Nicholas Cage's character in Ghost Rider punished his victims. Nicholas punished 'bad' people by making them feel the pain of their victims. In Hunters and Prey, Alyssa chose her 'blood source' by taking blood from only those who had harmed others in some way, and the victims felt the pain they had imposed on others. But as I read more into the book, I found it would not have worked any other way and I give her kudos for that. It gave Alyssa a compassionate side as a vampire.

In Hunters and Prey, Alyssa, breaks a rule by making herself known by entering a 'cafe she frequented as a teenager with her best friend Fallon. This sets the stage for the rest of the book. She finds she has to be rescued more than once by her beloved Lysander and the clan. Especially when her day mares about an old nemesis from Immortalis Carpe Noctem, becomes real.

I have to say once again, it was a book I could not put down, and am looking forward to the next chapter in Alyssa's adventures as a new vampire. Katie breathes life into her characters and as a reader, I found myself enthralled in the world she created in Hunters and Prey. I hope Katie keeps Alyssa around for a long time. Katie has added a extra treat at the end, a preview of the next book in the series, "Pandora's Box". This book is a must read!

I give this book five stars.

Review by
Nora Barteau
http://norachipleybarteau.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment