Submissions

All submissions in these formats please: .pdf , Kindle, or print copy. If in print copy, I would appreciate it if the book was autographed by the author. I am not doing books that have a deadline at this time, unless the author wants to use my review to appear on the book itself. Please send all requests to: norachipleybarteau@att.net . If sending through snail mail, email me for my home address. Thank you!

November 17, 2011

Dark Moon by Maggie Tideswell

What can be more exciting than a title change!

 During the edit it became clear that the title Storm's Choice was too cutesy and sweet - and therefore misleading. Make no mistake, the story is romance, but there is more to it, as the cover announces boldly.
My editor from All Things That Matter Press asked me to think of something different/better. I went blank
In the end
Personally I have always felt that the title was all wrong - and lets face it, the title of the book has a very important job - to give the reader a one-word synopsis of what the book is about. In this case, yes, Storm has a choice to make, but that's not all.
There are elements of witchcraft in it - don't get me wrong, there aren't people running around waving wands about! Nor is it a textbook on the craft. Read it with an open mind!
 
**********
 DARK MOON TRAILER
 
 
**********
MY REVIEW

Dark Moon
by
Maggie Tideswell


Wow what a love story! This book had me from the very first word! I have once again fallen in love with a character! You know the commercial 'shop for a diamond or a piece of beautiful jewelry at Jared's'? Well, the 'Jared' in this book is spelled Jarred but he's just as beautiful! If only these men actually existed in real life. *daydreaming* But I digress...


Maggie has done a brilliant work keeping the reader on the edge of their seats with the love triangle between Jarred, Trevor and Storm. There is a lot of mystery, magic, passion, frustration, suspense, sadness, loss and of course unconditional, undying love in Dark Moon. Maggie's book almost brought me to tears a few times, and I found myself saying, (out loud of course), " No way! Don't let that happen!" "Don't open the door!" "Oh, just face it  you're in love with him. Give him a break! "Don't look him in the eyes!" Oh, and that doesn't compare to the things that were in my mind! I never wanted this book to end!


This is the first work I have read by Maggie, but not the last because after this review, she is sending me her next book to read and review!!! Oh, if Dark Moon is just a sample of her work, I just can't wait. Of course I haven't gotten over having to let Jarred go yet...wow what a hunk of a man!! Enough to give a woman some really good dreams. *wink*


I highly recommend this book and I give it without a hesitation five stars *****


Reviewed by


Nora Chipley Barteau
http://norachipleybarteau.blogspot.com/


**********
About Maggie the Author *taken from author's site*




I write spooky, wacky. things-tah-go-bump-in-the-night kind of books. Follow me on twitter @LunaMags
http://maggiestorm.blogspot.com/
My first book, Dark Moon, has been released by All Things That Matter Press. It is available on amazon, barbs&noble and kalahari.net, in paperback, kindle, nook and gobii. See the cover in my pictures. In South Africa it will soon be on the shelves of Exclusive Books, CNA and other fine bookstores.





3 comments:

  1. Congradulations to both Maggie and Nora. This is a great review that makes me want to read the book right now. I do love memorable men and wacky things that go bump in the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great review! Maggie's book sounds like just the kind of book we'll all want to curl up with! A major talent!

    ReplyDelete